Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Life's small-sized joy


Whilst pondering what makes me happy, I realised that the young kids that live on campus bring me joy. These are student's kids and they live in surrounding flats. Anyway, up until a few weeks ago (when the weather started getting mean), I used to finish class in the afternoon and go and play with them in the gardens.
We would do all sorts of things like pretend to be aeroplanes, on motorbikes, or swimming whilst lying on our backs on the grass.
The imagination they have is wild, and I wish I had younger siblings to do the same with. Man I can't wait to have kids. I feel like I was born to be a daddy.
You just wait. I'll be a rad dad yet.
Here are a few pics I took of them. There is an art pic I took which will go up on my photo blog in the next week. Oh, by the way, hardly anybody is posting comments about my photographs! Guys! C'mmon! Just write the good and bad points of each photograph, and if you don't think you have photogrpahic licence enough to comment, then just describe how the photo makes you feel. Gimme some support in this. Please! I'll be posting one photograph up each day for a little while.
P.s. Don't forget life's small-sized joys. Especially if they cry all the time. It's all good.

9 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, How cute are those kids!!

Anonymous said...

Daveo I can so see you doing at that stuff with those kids... that is so adorable... you are awesome!

Court said...

children seem to enjoy all the things adults can't be bothered to.

Leslie Puiras said...

Adorable. Kids are fun to photograph because most of the time, you can't go wrong. They're pretty well composed photographs.. I studied photography at school, and I'd say from a technical standpoint you've got 'er.. Just keep employing the rule of thirds.. and if you could get the same joyful expressions, but some candid shots-- so they're not looking directly at you, they could also turn out well.

Janice said...

i am so supposed to be working right now but i am addicted to checking blogs so here i am. you will be a great dad someday. here, we'll just take out my uterus (i won't be using it) and give it to you and you can have your own kids! yes! i was going to give it to bj but maybe i'll give it to you instead. not that either of you actually wants my uterus but it's kinda funny anyway. pictures! i love them. i always love them. maybe some other time i'll say something more specific. hey did you use up those minutes?

Megan said...

My favorite is the little one in the white, with the ears on the hood? Sweetie. Keep it up, Daveo. You definately have an eye for it.

Josh said...

janice. eww.

Anonymous said...

Janice thanks for the offer but I am completely cool with not taking your uterus. Actually that is pretty sick! On kids... during the romantic era (my favorite) kids were "worshipped" as the most natural of all humans. The reason being that they had just come out of eternity, eg. the mind of Almighty God. Yeah I thought that was cool. I also think that the typical gripe about kids being misbehaved is a direct reflection upon the actions of the parents. Well I am not ready for them now, but someday perhaps, Brock will rise!

mike said...

Janice scares me...o