Sunday, November 13, 2005

Excuse me, have you seen my motivation?

Today is a slow Sunday.
Lately I have been comtemplating my existence. Purpose in life, mainly.

I am a very goal-orientated person, and as of late have been looking at my goals and aims in life, and I ask myself, 'How badly do you really want these things?'
Do I just say I want to achieve something and then not apply myself to fulfil this achievement? I dunno.
Maybe it comes down to motivation.
I remember Rob Whittaker's lectures on Personal Evangelism, (which I do look at from time to time), and he said the greatest obstacle in converting non-Christians is a lack of motivation. The same applies for work, and menial tasks. Am I not even bothered to do anything about this obstacle? Of course I am! But it doesn't feel like I'm doing anything.
When I was at Capernwray and T-Hof, it felt like I had such a motivation to do stuff. What was my motivation there? I think it was you guys.
I'd really appreciate some of your thoughts on this one.

2 comments:

Janice said...

ha. i calculated it for you. my total skype time comes to over 21 hours. WOW. i've only had it since October 9th. like a month. 21 hours of that month were spent skyping with the people i love. some people would say that was a waste of time, but i don't think it is. i'm investing my time in the people i love. over 1300 minutes of my time. so much love!

ps i talked to bj tonight and we both love you. just a thought. and we love that you shop at H&M. you need to get me some stuff...

Court said...

I don't know how to modivate myself. the only thing that spurs me on is knowing what I use to be and never wanting to be that again. I know who I am without God at the center of my life and it's ugly.