Friday, November 04, 2005

Street Evangelism...

Right now it's 1.52am and I'm just buzzing.
I have a million thoughts in my head and I just had to put them out here to let you know what's going through my mind.
I just have to share Jesus with those who don't know Him. I can't help it! I was thinking of street evangelism, and you know there is that whacky guy who stands on street corners calling out for repentance, and just gets heckled at and stuff thrown at him for preaching, well, that's ineffective because people just don't listen to him. Now imagine if what he was saying was not only true, but it was good preaching, and convicting. Would people listen then? No. -Why? because they don't want to and they don't have to. But supposing they had to, and couldn't stop till they had heard the whole message. What then. Maybe great things would come about. maybe they'd feel convicted, or overwhelmed with God's love. So how do we make that work people?
Everyone knows a crowd draws a crowd. Now say there were already a whole crowd listening to this guy when people saw him. They most probably wouldn't throw stuff. They'd stop and try to hear what all these other people had stopped to try to hear.
So the preacher could preach for like 5 minutes and the people already there can hand out tracts and do some street evangelism. Maybe some singing of songs. And then another person gets up to do another 5 minutes. Why not? This would totally work?
I feel like I'm waiting for God's call to send me. To anoint my ministry. I'm just waiting on the anointing people. I'm like a revved up racecar waiting for the light to turn green. We should be bringing a new person to church every Sunday. Everyone should. They don't get the chance to hear the Word, because nobody invites them. The y don't know what church is like because they never go. Because nobody invites them. Why aren't we bringing them in.
I'm sick of praying for this and that, for God to bless me, to bless my mum, to bless my dad, to save my friend, to save my other friend. I wanna do something about it all. I wanna be a blessing to others, I wanna let God use me to save people. I wanna be active in hand's-on evangelism.
When we feel spiritually dry, why aren't we taking a spiritual drink of water? We need to read our Bibles and pray. Are we praying enough? Are we reading our Bibles enough? Probably not, so let's get on that. Pray for a message from God, even when you don't feel you need one to direct you anywhere. Pray for God to wake you up to reality. Where are you? In a lost world with no hope but Christ. You hold that hope. It's in you. It's Christ in you. Share Him. Do it. You need to. It's what you were destined to do. It was what you were commanded to do. Just do it.
It's 2.05am, and I am pumped.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daveo... so I started one... its www.justcallmeboots.blogspot.com
All you folks for Tauernhof should come check me out once in awhile... Sarah Boots