Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ode to Jón Magnús

Our Icelandic friend Jón Magnús Kjartansson has started a blog! You have to check it out!

Anyway, Here's my Ode to Jón...

We first grew close by praying about a certain situation,
Then in football in the Sports Hall, and with other recreation,
We had many good times at Capernwray, doing things that good friends do,
And to help you to remember man, I've written about two:

One time in the guys' corridor, in Room 23 at night,
We drew on our faces with markers, and had a plastic knife fight,
You stabbed me in the chest, but I only pretended to die,
Then I got up and killed you back, in the nipple (but you didn't cry).


Then one night with BJ Kirchner, we crept out to build a fire,
We talked about all kinds of stuff, as the flames climbed higher and higher,
That night was a milestone of Capernwray, more memorable than others,
It was there we built our friendships and became a band of brothers.

Jón, You Rock!

4 comments:

Jón Magnús said...

Yes Daveo! YOU rock! Thanks for the poem, it's awesome! Well, you infected me with the blog flu preacher! You preached the light of blogging to me and convinced me do start one on my own so thanks to you I'm coming out of my shell. Love you bro!

Josh said...

That's my hat! It's sweet and so is Jon.

Leslie Puiras said...

What is the blog address, Silly?

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

it's on the sidebar.
It's some stoopidIcelandic word that nobody's ever gonna say.