Monday, November 21, 2005

My God Reigns? In Me?

This morning at devotions we sang 'Over all the earth' (or 'Lord reign in me'), which, if I'm honest is not my fave tune in the world. However, as we were singing it, I thought, "is this just lip service that I'm paying?"
I came to the conclusion that I didn't want it to be like that, so I decided to concentrate on the words. I didn't get a big message from the Lord. I just concentrated on the words.

There's a line (as you know) which goes, '...over all my dreams, in my darkest hour...' and I asked myself, 'Does He reign in those areas?'
As of late I have entertained realisations such as that God really isn't the boss of this area or that, and He isn't really the number one thing in my mind when I am doing this thing or that. But the sad fact is, I realise these things and don't do a thing about them.
How many of us need to ask whether God rules in every area of our lives? I often ask God to do just that, yet somehow I find myself living against that request.
I also realise it will all be ok, and I understand it's a journey I have to continue walking, and so onward I press.

I conclude that even though God may not truly reign in all areas of my life, He is still there and still knocking at the door, asking to come in.


"Lord, my one request,
Lord my only aim
Is that you'd reign in me again.

1 comment:

Court said...

He wants to reign it's us that stands in the way. I guess just the thought that he loves us enough to eant to even when we don't it huge to me.