Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Daveo Photo Smile

In response to Marisa's comment on the last post (Life in Green) about my fake photo smile, I decided to teach the tricks of the trade to you all.
For those of you who are baffled, an example is shown in the previous post.
I challenge each of you to take a photo of yourself doing The Daveo Photo Smile and then post it on your own blog under the title "The Daveo Photo Smile" for all to see. Then I will collect them and put them all in one blog-post.
Hoorayyyyyyy!

"But Daveo! How on earth do I do that crazy, sexy, lovely smile of yours??!" I hear you cry!
Alas my Torchbearer siblings, I will give you a step by step (play by play)...

Step 1: Relax (don't do it, when you wanna go through it)
Step 2: Now press your upper lip lightly against your upper row of teeth (but don't concentrate on this too much. It's not that important.
Step 3: Smile slightly by raising your cheeks a little.
Step 4: Let your lower lip hang slightly away from your lower set of teeth.
Step 5: Move skin between bottom of chin and lower lip in a downwards direction.
Step 6: Take the Photo

Other important notes to uphold are to not frown; make sure your lower and upper sets of teeth are together; look lovingly at the camera (it loves you back); and finally, remember, if this doesn't work out, it's ok. You still have to post the best one(s) on your blog, and you don't have to give up your day job.
Allison is the first to try it, so if you are confused about what to do, then just look at her blog.
Good Luck fellow smilers!

10 comments:

Megan said...

So I tried the "Smile Challenge" and gave it my best go. So have a look. My link's on the side...Megan

Megs said...

i did it. daveo you're flippin awesome, people are takin' some gooders...oh alley

Leslie Puiras said...

hey poopie. this contest is hilarious.. too much fun. You honestly need to join me in canada STAT. we could have insane fun..

Anonymous said...

Hey Daveo - I don't know you either, but I've heard fun stories from Court. That's cool that Christian was your dad. I hope he was a good dad. We were friends from spring school and winter school staff!!! Laters =P

Janice said...

hey...sorry i was so weird online earlier, it's been a strange last few days. will do my best to speak to you today, but i've just had a load of other things i need to do. like literally there's a conspiracy against me! aaaahhhh! okay. have a lovely sunday. maybe God will speak to you today. I hope so. I hope He speaks to me too.

mike said...

wow - allison joy take note - there are now three people in the world who say "laters." Daveo, myself and someone called sharon! incredible... :D

Anonymous said...

mr. dave ho, I have somewhat a favor to ask of you. depending on the circumstances, it might not be doable, but then, since I'm asking you, it just might. (i think that's a compliment). anyway, if you're interested just reply somehow by saying yea or yes or cheers mate or nevermind the bullocks. I don't know. good day.

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Err, sorry, I don't know who you are mate, so I'm gonna have to say no, until you tell me what the favour is.
Unless you are Luke Streckfuss. In which case, sure I'll do you a favour!

luke said...

yea it's streckfuss. thanks, so I'll just email you then. I hope your email is still the one in the yearbook.

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

yeah it is man.
do it.