Monday, November 07, 2005

Elizabethtown

Tonight i went to the cinema to see Elizabethtown with Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom (from Kent, England, like me). It was fun, and afterwards, Kirsten and I ditched Orlando to go for a pizza. Don't get me wrong, Lando is a good guy, and of a great pedigree, but durign the film he just wouldn't pass the bag of sweets, (which was rude, because I paid for them).

I thought that Cameron Crowe did an ok job, but it was different to his others. I dunno, it had a stretched out feel to it, as if it was giving you time to think. Naturally I thought Dunst was spritely in the film and added a feisty kind of friendliness to her character. Bloom played the role like a real person. It was strangely refreshing actually.
I don't want to critique the film, just to talk about it is all. Hmm, the story is about a guy who has a big failure in business and is about to kill himself, before finding out his dad has just died. (don't worry, this is all in the trailer). So the film is about the journey he takes dealing with stuff, and his realisation of all that he needs to come to terms with. This is aided by a flight attendant (Dunst) who strikes up an unusual friendship with him. And so on and so on... Well, that's how I perceived it anyhow. A line in the film which struck me was when Bloom is driving with his father's urn in the passenger seat and he says, "This is a trip we should have taken years ago." I dunno, but I just don't want that to be what I am saying to God about something in years to come. Thoughts people? let me know if you saw it and what you thought.

2 comments:

Twenty4Fifty said...

she's cute, he's gay, she should call me not him.
anyway i haven't seen it, and i'm poor so i probly won't ever.
but Kirsten if you read this 479-790-7374

Jón Magnús said...

Ooooooh!! I love Orlando Bloom so much!! Just thinking about him makes me faint! ....Not really.