Friday, December 02, 2005

Family Group


Wednesday night I went Bowling with my Tutor group. This is pretty much the same as Family Group and I have often been caught misnaming it just that. It's not the same though, because there is not the same sense of family.
I don't know what your family groups were like, but both of mine in England and in Austria were absolutely amazing. I loved both, very much.
Here are some pics of my families.
I have very fond memories of my family groups and even though most of you weren't there, I just wanna say that I am thankful for all the happy memories, of making cookies, eating burritos for the first time, making cards with Linda, playing the animal game and Amir not understanding it, then in Austria, risking my life on a home made zip-line, sledding down a ski-jump slope on a small plastic sled, sweating it out in Christian's sauna, and then jumping in his freezing cold pool made of fresh water from the Alps, drinking from vases and jam jars instead of cups, eating those Bugles (crisps). Mmmmmmmmmmm... so many memories that I wish I could return to.




It occurred to me during one family group that as people from all different family backgrounds, with all different customs, traditions and comfort-areas, we managed to make it something more than just a meeting. Each family group was a bonding experience. It's weird. Maybe that's just me and my perspective, but didn't you guys feel any of that too? What were your favourite family group memories? I wanna know. seriously. I wanna know!

Defintion of a family:
1. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
2. Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.
I like the second definition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So.....I get this great message from some kid with my most favorite accent.... he tells me a little about where he is and how he's doing....made me feel very special to be remembered. Then he doesnt leave his number for me to call him back on!
I would be elated to call you back- send your number to my email!
I hope that today you feel the love of all the people that are in your life-- eeven from afar!
I miss you tons!
Love
Anna

Allison said...

DAVEO! Why must you always find and post on the internet the *worst* pictures of me ?! Why? hehe. I know I usually bring it on myself, but really. Hehe.
Siiigh... such good family gropu memories. I always felt so blessed that I had a family I could look forward to hanging out with. Everyone was so wonderful. Yaay family! Dang.. Jelly and Kendal and I dont' look so stoked to be there in that one pic. Haha.
KENDAL. *that's* who I should have called to go snowboarding !!! Mm. Thanks for reminding me of her.

Anonymous said...

Oh man brother! Those were some the greastest times in my life! With our Austrian family group. 3 sessions in the sauna bro! Thats where its at! And the ski jump... when you did a huge cartwheel. And we all thought you were for sure going to be hurt! Such good times. The zipline... haha and I got to do the "test" run! Oh man un-freakin'-believable!