Saturday, December 03, 2005

Two New Bloggers

Both Anna Reedy and Caleb Atkins now have blogs! Hoorah!
Their addresses are on the side.
In other small-time news, last night I watched two of the biggest tearjerker movies again. The Notebook and I Am Sam. I still love both of these films. Cried in The Notebook at the same place as last time, and got so much more out of I Am Sam than I did the first time round. Like, I've always seen that film as one about a mentally handicapped guy and his struggle to keep the daughter he loves. A father's love. Y'know.
Last night it struck me in a different light. Michelle Pfeifer's line to Sean Penn, "I'm worried that I'm getting more out of this than you," made me think about how the film could easily be seen as a story about a woman who learns how to love her child by seeing a handicapped man's love for his. This makes it more applicable to those of us who are not mentally handicapped. Maybe we can relate to her postition more than Penn's. Maybe we can learn some of life's lessons in the most unexpected places. Maybe we have to take a second look.

1 comment:

Janice said...

ah The Notebook. I didn't cry, because I'm not really a movie crier. But I watched it with my friend's boyfriend and that was sure awkward.