Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Value of Money

So today has been pretty cool. Aunty Wai Wah arrived last night. I'd have to say that she is my favourite of dad's 8 sisters. She must be closer to 4 foot than 5 foot. She is totally Elmo from Sesame Street! Oh yeah, and this morning she was like, 'Oh, I didn't know what to get you from Malaysia, so I got you money. And I was like, 'Awesome!' And I thought to myself 'God is goood!' cos I really needed like a fiver for goin to town today. But she handed me two notes. Two £50 notes! I don't think I've ever seen them before! I mean, you know how £20 notes are bigger than £10 notes and £10 notes are bigger than £5 notes. Well, I had to fold these things up a few times to get them into my wallet! ...God is goood!
So yah. Went out to get some last minute stuff in town today. Well, not last minute stuff, but the only stuff that I needed that I hadn't yet got. But yeah. Bumped into Amy on the way into town and she was looking great. We went around town together until she met up with Kirsty Simms. But yah, i just went round getting some essentials... like a kazoo!!! Sweeet!
I've also been texting Tracey quite a lot. I'd really like to meet up with her sometime, although I know that's not likely to be possible in the next few weeks. But it will totally happen.
Yeah, I am way hyped about going to Capers, and the craziness in my head just keeps goin on and on. I just got off the phone to Irish Jon. Who is sooo awesome. I mean, we talked for about an hour and we just think exactly along the same lines! It was the first time we spoke on the phone, and I honestly expected to not be able to understand his Northeren Irish accent. But it was totally fine.
We got talking about past years at Capernwray, cos he knows loadsa people who have been, and I learnt so much, just listening to what he said. I mean, like there was this one year where a girl got her tongue pierced for like £50, and then this African guy who was on sponsorship just said to her that what she spent could have fed his village for a month or summat. I mean, sometimes we just have to think about what we are saying, and be sensitive to others' lives and situations. We sometimes just don't realise what we have until we hear something like that. I bet that girl just started crying right there and then. I guess that's the value of money. Talking to Jon has to be the highlight of my day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice points, stylish blog. Take care brother.