Sunday, September 19, 2004

My Last Sunday at St Lukes

Today is Sunday. It's Sunday night now, but hey. Church this morning was pretty good. Mike was speaking and it may have been the best I've ever heard him do. He talked on coming to the Father like a child. And thas totally what we have to do. We gotta drop our theological arguments and responses and just bathe in his presence. Just soak.
Then like after the service, I met mum in town and got a few odds and ends for Capers, and then we went to Sainsbury's to get food for the journey up there and everything. And then when we got back home, we had a long chat in the car, and that was awesome. I got to say loadsa stuff i wanted to say and she didn't hardly interupt. It was such a change. We grew in our relationship this afternoon.
Then just before the evening service, i had to talk to dad about my future. Same as I did with mum. But it was so hard talking to him, because he is extremely irrational, and doesn't view things like life, money, jobs, career and the future in the same way as me. It was hard for me to just sit there and take what he was throwing at me. He said he would never give his blessing for me going to Bible School. I knew he wasn't for it, but I didn't really realise to what extent he was extremely against it. but that's ok. It doesn't worry me too much, even though that's not how I want things to be.
But anyway, the evening service was rad. Russ was talkin instead of Eric, so I guess i'll have to go see the big man at home before I go. (Eric the 'big man', not Russ the 'holy mountain'. hehe) But yah, they gave me a sending off from St Lukes' tonight which was cool. And then we had a ocntinuation of last night's prophecy evening. Although there was some healing in theere too. Good stuff. Our prophecy group was awesome. Some amazing stuff was said, and all was dandy. Then after, we all went down the pub, a tradition that will be sadly missed, even if I have been drinking coke for the past few weeks. But yeah, got to talk to Ben a little bit, but not as much as either of us would've have liked.
Anyway, I am almost totally packed now, and I only have a few things I have to pick up in town tomorrow but apart from that, I'm done (like a turkey, but brown on all sides.)

No comments: