Thursday, September 23, 2004

A Long Day in London

Woke up at 3am to tidy my room and catch a ride to London from my dad. I was dropped on the east side of zone 2, at Mile End, and begun a 2 hour trek to Heathrow. (Why do I have the feeling this post would turn out really long if I carried on this way??)
So, met Zach, then we made our best effort to get to Bekki's hotel, which we must have circled. During this time, I managed to break Zach's bag. Then, the three of us went around London, during which we managed to strike out on the places Zach had intended to go, eg. the open air market at Liverpool Street wasn't on today, nobody knew where exactly on Regent Street that Jack the Ripper had actually killed somebody on a bench, or even where there was a bench on Regent Street. But yah, it was cool just going round places. And also, I took them to Portobello Road, to see the Notting Hill Market. But mostly, it was just a long tiring day. (Moreso for Zach than me!) On the train ride back from London, we got talking about various issues, and I realised what a knowledgable guy Zach is. I mean, there were a few points that I disagree with a little, but on the whole, I feel I have a lot to learn from him.
But yah, Zach and I got back home, and we barely had time to wash before we sat down to a meal with about 12 other people. It was good, but by the end of it, Zach was completely out. I had to cancel the arrangements I had made to go out that night, and clubbing was definitrly out of the question. He's asleep in the living room at the moment, and I'm gonna wake him up at noon tomorrow.
And just now, I had a talk online with Tracey, who is such a star. I tried to explain to her the situation in my head and heart, but even though she got the general jist of what I was trying to say, I think that maybe she was just a little bit too tired to understand it all. But that's ok. I don't even understand it all myself.

No comments: