Thursday, September 16, 2004

The Last Week or so, or wuteva

So much has been going through my mind in the last week and a half.
The days after Stef's death brought me into deep theological and philosophical thought. Would I mind if I died tomorrow? Would I regret the things I did yesterday? My whole outlook on things became so much more focussed and clear. Scouser Joe said to me that he never thought he would live past 30. And that anything after that was just a bonus. It's a viewpoint that I might adopt I think. I was quite inactive for the first 10 days I think. Just had to take time out to think.
So what else has gone on? Well, I've met up with people from church quite a few times, went over to Joe and Chantal's on Sunday, went to a party, that was mine and Jon's 19th. Oh yeah, I turned 19 on Saturday, which was cool. I also just got my new passport, which is nifty.
Oh, I got a job at Uncle Wan's hotel. It's the Village Hotel, and I'm working as a kitchen porter or a KP. It's a nasty job, and smells and also is terrible for your skin. My skin hates the job. Uncle Wan could have got me any job in the hotel, but he decided to give me the worst job in the hotel. It is totally good for me though. If it's anything, then it is character building, that's what it is. I praise God that I haven't got the easiest job in the world. Also, it doesn't take much mind effort to wash dishes and scrub pots and pans, so I've been able to spend some time with God. I just stand there by the sink, scrubbing and praising God. I feel I've been really in touch with God the last couple of weeks. I think God's really been looking out for me during this difficult time. And this morning, I woke up and was going abou my day, and I knew something wasn't quite right. It took me a little time to realise that it was because I hadn't spoken to my Father in Heaven that morning, and talked to him and told him how I was feeling. I got back into my stride, and by mid afternoon I was really spiritually buff.
Oh, last night, me and the lads went out for one last night together. Me, Pete, James Thanesan, Josh and Craig met up for a drink at Muggs, to cathc up on old times and to make a toast to the last 7 years of school together, well 10 for me, Pete and James, and 14 for me and Pete. We walked down with Jackie, Caz, Fiona, and Charlotte Kemp, to Jumpin' Jaks where we agreed to meet Lalin after his work. He wasn't the only one one we met there that we knew. Our whole entire year from MGS was there. I'd say about 100 out of 120 were there. What are the chances, ey? Turns out it was the last Wednesday night before everybody was headed off to there respective Universities and the likes. We had such a laugh, altho my guys weren't really up for dancing. But I joined a few guys from the Maths skool in Rochester, and they were up for a bit of old skool music and some boogie-woogieing.
But yah, that's wut's bin going on. I've missed out loads but hey, its' beein so long, that I can't remember...

No comments: