Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Revisiting places

The night of the 2nd Jan...
So, I’ve had my first day in Schladming.
I forgot quite how long it is from the Bahnhof to Tauernhof. I almost died walking to Dawn’s with the suitcase. The wheels didn’t work, because of all the snow, but my suitcase did serve as a kind of snow shovel as I dragged it through the streets of Schladming. I don’t think I’ve ever been in this much snow. It’s pretty awesome.
Today Dawn and I walked around town and I picked up a few things on my list of things to get, from shops such as DM, Spar, and Libro. Tomorrow I’ll hit up Billa, Hofer and the likes. It’ll be fun. I also bumped into Christian, Eis and Maja, and Heidi. I’ll be hanging out with Christian this week for sure.
Dawn and I also went for a Kebab, although only I got a kebab. I know it’s really unhealthy, but compared to the ones in my hometown, it seemed good for me, somehow. We looked through my T-Hof photos and also went up to the Eagle’s Nest to use the internet on those crappy computers.

Tonight, Dawn was tired and is nannying in the morning, so I decided to go for a walk through Schladming by myself. I absolutely love the snow and walked around for ages, just passing places to muster up nostalgia. I walked by the Schladming Brauerei, (where they make Schladminger beer of course) and also the river where some of us used to jump in, and where I nearly drowned. After that I decided to make a giant snowball as I walked along. I packed it pretty good, and it’s as big as a football at the moment, but I think I’ll make it bigger tomorrow.I left it outside the front door, so hopefully there’s a chance that Dawn might fall over it in the morning.
Anyway, I’m currently sitting in Dawn’s apartment, whilst she sleeps, eating Mayonnaise flavoured crisps. Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave! Man I wish I could be in Schladming with you! I love that town and I love the snow. Come to Colorado man and we will really give you a lot of snow! We missed you here at the Northwest Reunion! Lots to people here and good times were had by all. Jon and Marisa made the engagement official! Very exciting... Well brother you take care and say hello to Christian our father for me!