Thursday, January 05, 2006

Day 4

Night of the 4th Jan…
Today was a long day. After getting the last of my purchases on my list, i.e. lots of Milka, I went around taking photos of various things, mainly the snow.
Oh, I bumped into Jack, who was visiting for the day from Schloss Klaus which was weird. Hey, remember when he sang Viva Forever by the Spice Girls? Heh.
This afternoon, I went with Christian to Tanja and Joel’s house for their Bible Study. Tanja is Heli’s sister and Joel is Canadian. His parents visited T-Hof when we were there, if you remember. Anyway, that was awesome. The group consisted of an Aussie, and Irish, an American, a Canadian, me, and 3 Austrians. It was such a good Bible Study. After it was done, we just sat and talked for ages about past Capernwray experiences, as a few of them had been a number of years back.
Anyway, when that was done, a few of us went back to Christian’s for snow decking. I didn’t know what this was, so for those like me, snow decking is like skateboarding, but on snow. It is pretty much a skateboard deck on a ski. There was a huge hill of snow by the side of Christian’s house and we made that into a few runs to go down on. It’s pretty much like skateboarding, only it doesn’t hurt when you fall. I soon got the hang of it and it was sooo much fun. For the record, I can’t skateboard, ski or snowboard, and tonight was my first snow ‘sport’.
Tomorrow, Christian gets up early and goes down to work at T-Hof and I’m gonna hike it down to Schladming from Ramsau. Part of the journey is the hike from HP’s Farm, only longer, and through an abundance of snow. For a lot of the way I will be wading through the snow which will be above my waist. To hike it on a nice spring day would take about an hour, but I reckon this will take 2 hours. We’ll see.
First however, I’m gonna be trying my hand at snow decking again sometime in the morning. I’ll let you know how tomorrow goes. I have the feeling it’s gonna be more than hard.

1 comment:

Court said...

Wish I was there in all that snow I don't have any. What a sad day. I hope your having a blast daveo. I'm sure you are after all it austria.