Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Best Last Day

Evening of the 7th Jan…
I’m sitting here in Salzburg airport (as many of you have done) and I’m waiting for my delayed flight back to London Stansted. This afternoon, I had a wonderful time with Sophie and her boyfriend Tobi. I honestly would have been satisfied just to meet up and spend an hour or two with them on a park bench somewhere, waiting until my plane to arrive. That would have been cool.
However, they took me to a quaint but posh coffee shop in downtown Salzburg where we ordered coffees, shared a couple of slices of amazing Austrian cakes and also a Cuban cigar, for celebratory purposes of course. Awesome. It was so good to share the company of a good friend.
And I know you are all waiting to here about Tobi. Well, here’s the schpeel… He is perfect for her. Seriously. They just match up great. You can tell by the picture, he’s good-looking, he’s also polite, funny and an all-round nice guy. He also looked out for me, and it’s always a good sign when the guy looks out for a girl’s friends, I think you’d agree.
After talking for a couple of hours in that coffee shop, we went out to a beer hall where the Augustine monks used to drink. It really was quite the experience, picking up a beer mug as you walked in, paid, and got it filled up with beer straight from the barrel. Then you enter one of several beer halls full of people just sitting, talking and drinking their beer. Fabulous.
To top it all off, we went to the Red Bull flight hangar, where the owner and founder of Red Bull keeps his private collection of planes and vehicles and the likes, such as a huge Hummer. It was so upper class, and the sort of place that in England you couldn’t get close to unless you were a millionaire. It was classily lit, elegantly polished, and there was sophisticated mood piano music being played, which we only later noticed was live, with a pianist playing on a deserted landing, aided by the incredible acoustics of this aeronautical building. Truly breathtaking. I only wish I’d had more time to enjoy it.
So here I am writing another summary of this trip. I’d honestly have to say this was the best trip of my life. I can’t think of a word to describe it, so here’s a new one.
Outstandish.

4 comments:

kaylie said...

we always said Sophie was the best catch at school-she can cook, clean, speak 5 languages and she's gorgeous! he's a lucky guy..

Court said...

He's a drummer..... what's not to love

Megs said...

Dude he looks like dr.kovatch from ER...ok well sort of!

Benjamin said...

talk about one good looking guy. not to mention her. they work great together