Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tag...

Ten Years Ago:
I was 10, well-known for making my Primary School chess team the National Champions, but also mischievous.
I was getting sent to the headmaster’s office for having competitions in the boys loos to see who could pee the highest up the wall and hit the ceiling. (I won). I didn’t get in trouble though, because I was such an ‘asset’ to the school. Incidently I was told not to get caught again. That guy was awesome.
I had some really dodgy haircuts (done by my mum) and never looked back. Heh.

Five Years Ago:
I was in the middle year of 7 years of an all boys grammar school. Getting good grades and being popular with the teachers more than my fellow classmates.
I was in a league-winning football team, as well as the school team’s top goal scorer.
Getting really into my new Church and youth group.
But doing things with girls I really shouldn’t have been doing. Hmm…

One Year Ago:
I couldn’t believe how blessed I was to be surrounded by such a global environment,
Sharing a room with two Japanese-speaking white guys,
Building my new found love affair with Skippy - ‘Genuine American Peanut Butter’.
Forming some of the best friendships I’ve ever known.
Learning so much about myself and my relationship with God.

Now:
I am at Theological College, missing the friends I made last year.
Applying to Moody Bible Institute in Chicago for next fall.
Learning Greek
Eating the Cheez-Its that Beautiful Ben CM sent me in the post. (Ben you are ridiculously amazing!)

Yesterday:
Struggled to do much productive research on the inerrancy of the Bible.
I talked for 2 hours with this amazing Swedish girl about cultural differences and theories about Christ’s suffering on the cross, amongst other things. (See, I’m meeting people!)
Talked for ages with Beej and Jon Magnus on MSN. Laughing and crying at the same time because they are soo funny.
Stayed up to 3am to make a phone call to Canada.

5 Snacks I Enjoy:
Cheez-Its – Ben, it cost you an arm and a leg to send these over (but don’t let that be a disincentive to the rest of you. [needing some lovin’ over here])
Skippy Peanut Butter (‘Genuine American’, heh).
McCoy crisps – Salt ‘n’ Vinegar or Cheddar Cheese and Onion flavour.
Haribo Starmix or Tangtastic. (Best sweeties on earth!)
Pringles – and the wide variety of flavours we have them in this country. Well, all crisps for that matter!

5 Songs I Know All the Words To:
Semi-Charmed Life – Third Eye Blind
I’m Into Something Good – Herman’s Hermits
Moondance – Van Morrison
Don’t Worry, Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
Boom! Shake the Room – DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince

5 Places I Would Run To:
Austria
Yosemite National Park in California (my dream photographing destination)
Iceland
To the house of the guy who invented Cheez-Its so I could shake his hand and tell him ‘bravo’ for these here tasty snacks.
To the arms of my future wife, whomever she is. Or take the bus after hiring the driver of a Carnforth-Lancaster Bus. That’ll definitely be faster than running…

5 Greatest Joys:
Spending time with God alone
Football (the real kind)
Photography
Talking and catching up with you guys
Watching movies

5 Things I Would Never Wear:
Even though I’m quite conscious about what I go out in, you all know there is nothing I wouldn’t try.

5 Movies I Like:
Singing in the Rain – (I wanna be Gene Kelly and marry Debbie Reynolds)
Zoolander
Anchorman
The Notebook
Napoleon Dynamite

5 Fictional Characters I Would Date:
Kathy Seldon – Debbie Reynolds in Singing in the Rain
Wonder Woman – Marvel Superheroes
Phoebe from Friends – Just think it would be funny and eventful
Jessica Rabbit – Even though she has the same name as my sister (weird!?) –(my sister is called Jessica, not Rabbit)
Can’t think of another one

I would like to tag, Alicia, Megan Rae Destiny Bauer (that's her actual name), Tiffany, and anyone else that hasn't been tagged.

4 comments:

Megs said...

way to represent and have fresh prince in there!

Josh said...

How can you not get jiggy with it?

Sorry I dn't call back - shaving took longer than I thought and my mom had me doing other stuff.

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Thas ok man.
We'll talk some other time.

Janice said...

so here's the assertion i promised. i miss haribo...haribo is awesome. i wonder if they have them in canada. ha, i wish i had known you ten years ago, you sound like fun. i never had any peeing contests but that would have been fun. a couple of years ago i did participate in a peeing contest with a bunch of girls at camp, to see who could pee the longest. i think the record was like a minute 24 or something. ps I LOVE ANCHORMAN. i have seriously been quoting that movie so much it's ridiculous. "i'm going to be honest with you brian...that smells like pure gasoline." love!