Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Here’s to Starting Over

After Tauernhof finished I had a few hours stopover in England before flying off to LAX where I would be working at Forest Home for the summer. For those of you who don’t know, Forest Home is a Christian Camp type place in the San Bernardino Mountains in California. I loved working with 10-12 year old kids all summer and I made some good friendships with some of the staff there. I guess I’ll have mixed memories of this summer, as (with any experience) there were lows as well as highs, but I look back with fondness upon this great experience and what I have learnt and got to do.
I worked in a different department to Dawn, Mona, Sarah Sitton, Young and Dani Zepter, as well Heather from Tauernhof, but went down to see them every chance I got.
Dawn and I got to meet up with BJ (and his whole family) and we went to see Marisa in San Diego. Also, Kaylie Wilson came over from another Forest Home campus a couple of times, and it was awesome to see her again.

Anyway, I got home to England sometime in August with two weeks to adjust and hang out with friends before going away to Regents Theological College where I am currently taking a 3year degree in Applied Theology in a town called Nantwich in Cheshire which is somewhat near Wales.

I enjoy it here, I love the lectures, and I’m doing pretty well in classes, but I still don’t really have many friends. It’s ok but if I could, I’d fly you all over here just to be with me at least for a little while.
Oh, by the way, everyone should download Skype, so we can talk and I can hear all your ridiculous accents. Ha. No seriously, it’s awesome and it’s free, so join the club! There are only about 10 of us Capernwrayites at the moment but that number will grow.
There are other issues on my mind at the moment, but I think this is enough to get me back into blogging mode, so if I stop posting, then just keep hassling me. Don’t be a stranger.
I see this as a new page in my life, and I'm hoping I won't screw it up real soon, but it's good to wake up in the morning and see it as the first day of the rest of my life. I propose a toast: "Here's to starting over!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some of those pictures posted. I thought you had given up on your blog. I will make sure to drop in more frequently.

Anonymous said...

One more thing, if you know of any other Torchbearing bloggers then I would love to add them to my blog roll.

Janice said...

i would like to assert something too! i'm happy you updated, makes me smile. plus you are helping me not think about how scary midterms are. one left! yay! okay. well, i guess my real assertion is this: no, it's YOU with the ridiculous accent, and ps i love you. don't forget that.

Court said...

Daveo,

I have such found memories of you me and the heart to hearts we shared at t-hof. I love you always
P.S. Sorry I missed you on skype the other day. Hopefully soon we'll caught up.

Jón Magnús said...

YES! FINALLY! POSSIBLY THE GREATEST RESSURECTION 2ND ONLY TO JESUS!

Unknown said...

DAVEO!! whatever i haven't talked to you in FOREVER!!! i miss my favorite and ONLY chinese englishman - please email me soon... i am dying for communication from my original c'wray friend. [anyone else really miss daveo's hugs? slash handshakes...]