Monday, April 18, 2005

In Austria

The travel went really well. At Stansted my luggage was 1kg overweight but my handluggage was over a kilo under the limit, so the guy told me to transfer some stuff. So i took out my shoes, and put them in my handluggage and went through customs. However, I ended up getting frisked (bcos of my stoopid steel-toe capped boots) and then I got pulled aside cos my bag wasn't kosher.
it turns out that I packed my pencil case in one of my shoes, which had an exacto knife and 2 pairs of scissors in it. 1 of which was my hairdressing scissors! They confiscated them and I was totally gutted.
Then at the airport, I bumped into Josh Vaisanen and we ended up being on the same flight to Salzburg and sat next to each other on the plane. Then we lugged our luggage through Salzburg, which was absolutely B-E-A-Utiful. We then got on a train to Schladming, the town I will be living in for the next couple of months. The train was soo nice, it was more like a living room than a carriage. And the view on each side was amazing. On either side of the train there was snow-capped mountains, and at one point we drove throught the mountain! It was the best train journey I've ever been on.
Anyway, I'm at Tauernhof Bible School now and I share a room with 5 other guys, 2 of which are Brent and Jimmy! Two of my good friends from Capernwray. Also, a Canadian from Nova Scotia, a German, and a crazy American from near Chicago.
I'll speak more about what it's like once I get more settled in, but it's been cool so far. There are 17 guys and 53 girls. 2 other English guys (from Cambridge and Brighton), Germans, Swiss, Austrians, Australians, and a lot of Canadians and Americans.
It's beautiful here. We are located between 2 mountain ranges and they are still pretty white from the snow. The weather has been mild so far (only 1 and a half days) but i've been told they're expecting it to get hot starting next week.
Anyways, just to let you all know that I'm doing well, and having fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I would love to be in Salzburg again. It was so beautiful. Here are a few pictures from our trip there: http://www.thegidcumbs.com/places/germany/GermanyDayTEN.html

As much as I enjoyed Ravencrest, If I could redo any of my time going to a Torchbearers school I would have spent some time at Tauernhof.

jengajen said...

ok just read this after I posted my other comment, and you blatently know Brent so tell him I say hi!
lol.. he'll think I'm stalking him or something..


COOL!

:-)

Jen

jengajen said...

oh yeh he might need a clue if you dont say SUGOI to him... tell him I'm from Barnstaple.. and he stayed at my sisters pub lol



ok... i'll stop bugging your blog now!