Wednesday, April 13, 2005

General Update 13Apr05

So I have my interview tomorrow which I am quite confident about. Probably too confident. But I don't know. Maybe I'm just confident that this is where God wants me for the next 3 years. If so, then it's not so much complacency, but rather, faith in God's path for me. It's gonna be good spending time with just God, as I have to travel 5 hours up to Nantwich and 5 hours back, just for a 45 minute interview. I feel that doing this interview is somehow only going through the motions, but to be honest with you, if I don't get accepted, then I have no idea what I'll be doing for the next year or 3. Once again, some would say that is stupidity, and others, faith.
Many things have been passing through my mind since I got back, but I still seem to be sitting here doing little about those thoughts. I want to share what I have learnt at Capernwray with friends here at home, but I feel that they aren't prepared to listen to what they can learn from me, (sounds arrogant I know, but feel like i'm overflowing with new things I've learnt). I don't think they can distinguish between the time they've spent at Uni and the time I've spent at Bible School.
Having said that, I met up with Laura Diamond yesterday, for a coffee and wotnot in town. It was cool talking to her, but at the same time I didn't want to talk at her. I tried to encourage her to set a standard higher than the other Christians were settling for, and to encourage others to do the same. I hope things work out that way.
I spoke to my sister, Jessica a moment ago, and I probably won't get to speak to her again until September when I'm back in England. She's doing fine and is off to Warsaw, Poland tomorrow for some conference. She's done so much travelling in the last 3 years to conferences like this. It's pretty cool, and I'm proud of her and the work she's been doing.
Things at home are ok. could be better, but could be a lot worse. I just have to make sure I leave on Sunday in good relation with my rents, otherwise, ...well I don't want to think about that.
Oh, man, I'm really annoyed that there isn't a Mac version of Hello and Picasa, because until I find a substitute, I can't upload photos onto this here blog of mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your back. I have been checking your blog for several months now and I was beginning to question whether you would be back. I’m glad to hear that your time at Capernwray was life changing.


gid