Friday, June 09, 2006

Fever Pitch

I dunno about you, but every 4 years there comes a time when my heart thumps and my emotions rise as if I'm manstruating or whatever the male equivalent is. This is that time.

The World Cup has started my friends, with the first two matches played today.
Two great goals from Germany against Costa Rica. Maybe two of the best in the tournament.
And a boring game between Ecuador and Poland (it has to be said), but a good win for Ecuador. If they win their next game against Costa Rica, it is likely they will play England in the second round. Wahey!
So, tomorrow is the big game. I say England 3-1 Paraguay, with Lampard, Gerrard and Crouch on the scoresheet.

5 comments:

Court said...

I just found out that you are coming to San D for the wedding .... how did I not know this before. I'm so happy that I will get to see you soooooooon DAVEO!!!!

Josh said...

I was kinda disappointed in England's performance. A win is a win though.

Janice said...

manstruating? seriously?

well, if you were manstruating, i think you'd know...it's rather messy.

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Janice! Really! Is that entirely necessary?

Béthany said...

and let me tell you, heart thumping and emotions rising are not common side effects...

and the ecuador game was only boring if you were blind and deaf and not watching it with the neighbourhood winos on a public freeway.