Tuesday, June 20, 2006

England go through top

A nervy game with Sweden tonight finished 2-2 with a late goal from England, and an even later one from Sweden.
Michael Owen's knee injury in the opening minutes was a heartbreaking shock for the team and the country, and we await a scan tomorrow to see whether his World Cup is over.
A wonder goal from Joe Cole is something you wanna watch on the highlights, and even though England didn't beat Sweden (yet again), it wouldn't have mattered if they did, as they finish top of the group, with Sweden second.
Also, a mention to the Germany 3-0 Ecuador game, where both teams also go through to the next round, where England will play Ecuador, and Germany will play Sweden. Should be a good game for England, but you never know with these underdogs. Heh.
Here are a few match pictures:





(Owen injured; Joe Cole scores; and above, England celebrate Gerrard's late goal).





And... Here is me sporting the new England away kit!

10 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

I've always thought the term "football kit" is really weird. I heard it first in "Bend it Like Beckham" to us a kit is like a little box full of useful things... like an emergency kit would have burn cream and band aids and gauze and the like.
So whenever I hear a British person use the word I always picture this little plastic box with all your little footy things in it...

Janice said...

ha football kit never sounded weird to me. don't know why, i think it should've...

GAH!! my favourite player WOULD get injured. i don't have the time or resources to watch the games, and besides england's the only one i really care about, so i'm counting on you to keep me updated and so far you've done great. thanks! lookin good in your kit.

shinbone #4 said...

So Sad - poor owen - on the upside that is a hot look for you Daveo!

Megs said...

YAY Daveo, looking good Bro. I've seen so many people come in work sportin' there "kit" and i've cheered everytime there is an England fan

Béthany said...

jon sent me a shirt, but i sure as hec wont be wearing it tomorrow!

if you beat us, i will probably find it in my heart to speak to you someitme, but if we beat you....HA!!!! It will feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

love ya, despite it all!

Jón Magnús said...

It's was really heartbreaking to see Owen get injured, especially that early in the game. Gerrand showed once again though what a great player he is. I love that guy! You however look great in the English kit. Now that Owen is injured, you are their only hope to score goals. I can't understand why you weren't chosen to the squad instead of Theo Walcott!! What was Sven thinking??

Justin N said...

Dude that shirt it tight. I pretty much think it's wicked cool! I've been wearing my England shirt a lot too that I got way back when...

DUDE YOU ARE HERE IN SO SOON!

Unknown said...

sigh. yes. we lost. and i (we.. my entire family... extended family... and our other country) was completely crushed! tear. well, it is a good thing that i don't stay sad very long because as soon as i got over being depressed that Ecuador lost i was very happy for you and my other, other country England!!!!!!

Justin N said...

you need to update this part of your blog... I (sigh) watched the whole England Portugal game. It was nuts! sorry my friend. Dude- you are out here in like a month!!

Jón Magnús said...

You need to update!! =)