Thursday, February 23, 2006

Everyone and their mum

Somedays I oversleep through breakfast. Today I overslept through lunch. The wave of underachievement sweeps over me on days like these. I've been saying that a lot recently.
There was a point today where I had a deep longing to talk to everyone again. Have you ever thought how amazing it would be if you could just summon a friend to you from across the world? Hmm, but what would you do if everyone arrived all at once? That would be weird. I mean, who would you talk to?
Anyway, so today I see James W. Haring III on Skype and I'm so excited. Turns out, it was his mum. She is so awesome and I remember spending quite a bit of time with her when she came to visit in Austria. There was this one morning where Jimmy, Jonny B and myself were out on a run, and we stopped at her Taxi Maxi room to give her a barbershop-quartet rendition of "You are my Sunshine" and she loved it. That was and is a great memory. I think we should be more thankful for mums. Both ours and our friend's mums. Yeah, so I ended up talking to her for an hour, coming to the conclusion that I should call Jimmy and Justin tonight, partly because it didn't seem kosher that I spend more time talking to Jimmy's mum than the man himself.
Here's a picture of me today. Enjoy my burgundy braces. I sure do.
P.S. BJ, Do you remember that German Axe deodorant Johannes got his mum to send us from Germany? Well I found some of that Limited Edition in Austria, so I stocked up. As shown in the top photo. Once again, thank God for mums.

10 comments:

Josh said...

suspenders, Daveo, suspenders

Anonymous said...

ah yes i remember that stuff. i think my brother used the last of mine. our crazy russian roomate, good times!

Court said...

No he was not good stuff. He was a creepy man. He was my brother. Wierd... he was just wierd.
Hi Daveo... you made me think of found time in austria when jimmy's mom was there. Jimmy your mom rocks.

Unknown said...

Daveo,

I was thinking, "Why is he talking about burgundy braces? I can hardly see his teeth in that picture." It was at least a couple of minutes before it came to me, "Oh, he means the suspenders." I am pretty sure that American and English are separate languages with a lot of shared words.

Kent
aka Pamela's dad

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Suspenders?!
Ha, In England, those are women's lace stockings.
And Kent, I agree, English and American are different languages.

Allison said...

Yeah - holycrap Ruth totally chewed me out for saying suspenders once. Haaaha!
Love 'em Daveo. Very cute look for ya.
Miss youuu

Court said...

Loong time no post, where did daveo go????? sad face.

shinbone #4 said...

Daveo are you dead??? it's been awhile.. I do hope you aren't dead.

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

It's ok, I'm still alive. I was just on the loo. I'm back now though.

Unknown said...

awww... shucks... Daveo, you are so cute!!!