Wednesday, February 07, 2007

God's reasons for His ways.

At Moody, we have this thing called Founder's Week. We have great speakers all week and no classes. It's brilliant. [Sidenote: for all you Capers ppl, Ian Leitch spoke on Tuesday. Sweeeet.]
So tonight, Haddon Robinson (pictured: right) was speaking. Outstandish. Let's just say that for what he lacks in good looks, he makes up for in expository preaching. He spoke on Ecclesiastes and gave rich insight, but I want to leave you with one (shortened) illustration about understanding God's ways that I appreciated.

One time, reporters asked Albert Einstein's wife if she understood Professor Einstein's Theory of Relativity. To which she replies something to the effect of, "No. I don't understand his theory, but I do understand him."
The point being that we'll probably never understand why God does things in the way he does, because God doesn't have to explain himself to anyone, (even after we die). More important is to spend time getting to know God and his ways rather than what his reasons are. He is sovereign! Fact.

7 comments:

Court said...

. . . . I'm thinking on it. Thanks

emelina said...

sweet.

Unknown said...

When the heck are you coming back out to Wheaton? It's been way too long.

Anonymous said...

Hey man!

I am comin to the states!!!!!!!!!!!
woooohooooo!
flyin out to JFK on easter sunday! is gonna be freakin sweet (to quote a certain, highly PC, cartoon)
Got 10 days includin 2 days all on my own in new york - is gonna be AWESOME!!!

Hope you doin well!!

Mike Prescott (my blogger account wont let me sign in lol)

Becky said...

Ok, so reading your blog just now for the first time in months I have the following feelings:
1) Regret. I'm sorry we're not in touch.
2) Elation. I'm so glad that you are having a fantastic experience. I hope you are making the most of every second!
3) Envy. You get to see some of the people I love! No fair! You better be appreciating them to the full!
4) Confusion. When are you going to be back in England, don't you miss it here? The daffodils are out! The other day it didn't rain! We've not had a single flake of snow this winter! All points that all in all mean you won't freeze your nostil hair!
Hugs Daveo, I hope your as happy as you seem in this snapshop of your life!

Josh said...

you alive mate?

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Yes, I'm still alive!
I will blog sometime soon.
Oi vay, I truly am dreadful at this blogging business.